2019-20 Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Tuesday 31st December, 2019 – 08:10 (UK) Sydney Thunder
Where is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
What is the expected weather for Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder? 24c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Adelaide Strikers come into this rematch with Sydney Thunder after they met earlier in BBL|09 and the Strikers were in control of that match at 40/1 from 4.2 overs chasing the Thunder’s 161/5 before smoke from the bushfires made play impossible and the match was called off.
- The Strikers are the only unbeaten team remaining in BBL|09 and their confidence is flying after their latest win over Melbourne Renegades on Saturday thanks in no small part to a man of the match performance by Afghan star Rashid Khan.
- With Phil Salt finally clicking into gear opening the innings with a quickfire 54 from 26 balls and showing why the Strikers signed him as one of their overseas players, their great form continued against the Renegades and there is every chance once again that they will name an unchanged side.
- Sydney Thunder are without a win in their last two matches now as they had that abandoned match against the Strikers and then they lost last time out against their city rivals in the Sydney Smash as the Sixers edged past them on a thrilling Super Over.
- The loss against the Sixers did highlight their weakness in the middle order of their batting as once the elite top three of Khawaja, Hales and Ferguson are gone, none of their middle order have much form behind them and they will hope Chris Morris can find some form with the bat soon.
- Aside from the inclusion of Morris after he arrived from South Africa and played the last two games, the team has been the same in all four matches otherwise and they may keep faith with the team despite the loss for this game.
Adelaide Strikers have been the standout team in the tournament so far and they are playing with great confidence right now with Rashid Khan especially hitting something close to top form. Sydney Thunder are capable of beating anybody on their day but their ability to win this match really does hinge on their top three batsmen. If they fire, they can take the game away from the Strikers, but on home turf, Adelaide have to be favoured. Their bowling unit is playing some great cricket right now while their batsmen are in good nick. They can extend their unbeaten run and pick up another win here.