2019-20 Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – 04:40 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
What is the expected weather for Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers? 33c in bright sunshine and clear skies
What television channel is Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sydney Sixers beat Adelaide Strikers by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Adelaide Strikers suffered back-to-back losses as they went down to Sydney Sixers in their last game but will have an opportunity to exact revenge for that loss as they face the same side again in this clash.
- The Strikers managed to post 176/6 as they opted to bat first but will perhaps rue the fact they did not make more of a strong start and arguably left some runs on the field with Jonathan Wells’ 40* the pick of his side’s innings.
- The lack of captain Travis Head was perhaps crucial for the Strikers and he will again be missing as he is on international duty with Australia as his side look to show more than they did in the seven-wicket defeat.
- Sydney Sixers made it four wins in a row and they look in great touch after a fairly comfortable victory over Adelaide Strikers and they will hope for a repeat performance against the same side as they look to increase their lead over their opponents on the ladder.
- The bowling unit did a solid enough job without being spectacular as the Sixers left themselves with a total of 177 to chase and opener Josh Philippe took the plaudits with the bat as he fired in an unbeaten 83 from just 52 balls to guide his side to the win.
- The Sixers have named an unchanged squad for this contest and are likely to field the same XI that had so much joy in the last fixture against the Strikers with captain Moises Henriques still unavailable which means Daniel Hughes will continue to stand in as skipper.
Sydney Sixers have won their last four games and will be difficult to beat if they can maintain their current level of performance. They secured a seven-wicket win over the Strikers last time out and another win here will cement the Sixers’ spot inside the top two on the ladder. Despite the scoring appearing to be close last time out, the Sixers always felt in control and know they have more in the tank and with that in mind, they should be able to pick up the win again to make it five in a row.