2019-20 Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Monday 23rd December, 2019 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
What is the expected weather for Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers? 29c with sunshine and cloud spells
What television channel is Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers beat Perth Scorchers by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Adelaide Strikers’ opening match against Sydney Thunder was abandoned 4.2 overs into the second innings just four balls before it would have ended in a result as the smoke from bushfires made conditions unplayable.
- The Strikers were not at their best in that game and were arguably losing at that point so they will look to bounce back here as they welcome Perth Scorchers to Adelaide for their first home match of BBL|09.
- They will have to do without Peter Siddle who joins up with Australian Test team while they remain without Michael Neser and Travis Head for the same reason as they call leg-spinner Liam O’Connor into the squad for this game.
- Perth Scorchers lost their opening match to Sydney Sixers after a miserable performance but they bounced back in style against Melbourne Renegades last time out as their total of 196/7 when batting first proved too much for the defending champions.
- Cam Bancroft and Mitch Marsh both hit half centuries in that match as they produced a much-improved display with the bat while Liam Livingstone also managed to find a bit of form with 29 runs from 19 balls following his debut duck.
- While the stats do not necessarily show it, Chris Jordan was as vital as any play thanks to his two wickets and three superb catches in the field and the English star will be an important player once again in what should be an unchanged team.
These two teams are relatively well matched although much depends in what version of the Perth Scorchers turns up. They were awful in their opening game but bounced back nicely last time out. The Strikers’ opening game was abandoned so they will be keen to get their first win but they are not helped by Siddle’s call up to the Australian Test squad. The Scorchers therefore have the edge in bowling and with their batting producing the goods last time out, they can upset the Strikers in Adelaide.