2019-20 Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars taking place? Wednesday 22nd January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
What is the expected weather for Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars? 20c in cloudy skies
What television channel is Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers beat Melbourne Stars by 5 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Adelaide Strikers backed up their magnificent 10-wicket victory over Brisbane Heat with another win although it wasn’t quite as comfortable as they edged out the Hobart Hurricanes by 10 runs.
- Travis Head notched an eye-catching 79 off 40 balls to guide his side to 186/5 for their second-highest score in BBL|09 and a superb spell of bowling from Wes Agar saw him remove four Hobart batsmen for 33 runs.
- Two of those wickets fell in the final quarter of the run chase and slowed the scoring down sufficiently to allow Adelaide to hang on to their lead and as they seek a third straight win, the Strikers are boosted by the return of Australian international Alex Carey.
- Melbourne Stars fell to defeat against Sydney Sixers in their rain-affected contest but it will not concern them too much in what was just their second loss from 12 matches with a home final already secured.
- The Sixers managed 143/4 from their 14 overs to give the Stars a big challenge to chase that down and despite Marcus Stoinis continuing his brilliant form as he hit 62 from 37 balls, it was not enough as the Sixers came out on top by 21 runs via the D/L method.
- Like their opponents in this game, the Stars can also call upon their ODI internationals following the conclusion of the series in India with Peter Handscomb and Adam Zampa enhancing the options of the side at the top of the ladder.
Melbourne Stars lost just their second match of BBL|09 last time out and will be keen to get back to winning ways as they will not want to go into the finals on the back of a losing streak having played so well throughout the campaign so far. They face a tough test in Adelaide with the Strikers playing well and they will be attempting to put themselves in a strong position to claim their own spot in the finals. The game is boosted in terms of quality due to the returning Australian internationals and Alex Carey could be the difference between the two teams with the Strikers able to come out on top.