2019-20 Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Sunday 26th January, 2020 – 08:10 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes taking place? Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
What is the expected weather for Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes? 24c in sunny and clear skies
What television channel is Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to BBL09 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers beat Hobart Hurricanes by 10 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Adelaide Strikers have second spot in their sight after a fourth successive victory in BBL|09 when beating Perth Scorchers last time out but they must win this final game against Hobart Hurricanes to finish in that valuable position.
- The Strikers were solid across the board as they posted 181/5 before they restricted the Scorchers to 165/7 in reply to pick up the important win and keep themselves in contention of a second chance in the finals.
- After a successful outing last time to ensure they kept their winning streak intact, the Strikers have opted to stick with the same 13-man squad that was named for the game with the Hurricanes and it would be a surprise if they changed their line-up.
- Back-to-back wins have kept Hobart Hurricanes in with a chance of making the finals of the Big Bash League but it is likely that they will need to win this last game of the round robin to seal their spot.
- The Hurricanes produced a big win against Sydney Thunder with D’Arcy Short the star man on his return to the team after completing his international commitments with Australia but it was his efforts with the ball and not the bat that won the game for his side.
- Matthew Wade and Mac Wright each chipped in with a half-century as the Hurricanes made 185/6 but Short took career-best figures of 5-21 to help bowl Thunder out for 128 and following that 57-run win, the Hurricanes are likely to be unchanged.
Adelaide Strikers have third place sewn up on the ladder but will finish second if they come out on top of this final game of the round robin. They face a tricky task against Hobart Hurricanes who need a win of their own to put themselves into the finals. That would not secure their spot but put them in a good position to do so. The Strikers are in great form but the Hurricanes have the talent to come out on top and with so much at stake, Hobart can do what is required to come out on top.