2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers Preview & Prediction
When is Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Friday 3rd January, 2020 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet
What is the expected weather for Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers? 18c but rain is expected throughout the day
What channel is Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers on? Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers? Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rangpur Randers beat Sylhet Thunder by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sylhet Thunder came agonisingly close to pulling off a shock victory over Cumilla Warriors but in what would have been just their second win of this year’s competition, they succumbed to defeat in a Super Over.
- Some strong bowling efforts saw Thunder restrict the Warriors to 140/9 with Sherfane Rutherford the pick as the youngster ended with superb figures of 3-19 from this four-over spell.
- Having recovered from 5/2 and 33/5, Sylhet scored a run with the final delivery of their innings to tie the scores and force the Super Over but could only muster seven runs which Cumilla surpassed with a ball to spare.
- Rampur Rangers were unable to make it three wins in a row as they fell to a defeat against Rajshahi Royals which makes it very difficult for them to qualify for the play-offs and they will need to win-out from this point as well as hoping other results go their way.
- Rangers struggled with the ball without the presence of Andre Russell and failed to deal with the danger men for the Royals as Ravi Bopara ended up unbeaten on 50 which contributed to a score of 179/4.
- That proved too much to chase down with Rangers getting off to a poor start after skipper Shane Watson fell for just two and with the loss of constant wickets affecting them, they could not muster the runs quickly enough as they suffered a 30-run loss.
Rangpur Rangers are on the brink of elimination from the Bangladesh Premier League after they lost out to Rajshahi Royals last time. They were not good enough with either bat or ball and lacked a spark which could have been provided by Andre Russell who was absent and he remains a doubt for this must-win contest. Sylhet have nothing to lose as they bid to earn just their second win and although they came close last time out, they are likely to fall short against the Rangers.