2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers Preview & Prediction
When is Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Monday 30th December, 2019 – 07:30 (UK)
Where is Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers? 26c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers on? Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers? Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Sylhet Thunder vs Rangpur Rangers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rangpur Rangers beat Sylhet Thunder by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sylhet Thunder lost once again on Saturday to all but wave goodbye to any hopes they had of making the play-offs as their total of 157/4 against Khulna Tigers was nowhere near enough and it was chased down with the loss of just two wickets and with more than two overs to spare.
- Rubel Mia came in for his first game in the BPL but while the 27-year-old topscored with 39, it was far too slow coming off 44 balls and that slow run rate was nowhere near enough to really challenge the Tigers.
- The Thunder made a couple of changes to their local players in that game to suggest they may start giving opportunities to some of their fringe players and it is hard to see how that is going to improve their performances.
- After picking up their first win of this edition of the BPL against Chattogram Challengers at the fifth attempt of asking, the Rangpur Rangers slipped to defeat once again last time out as they fell 52 runs short of Khulna Tigers’ total of 182/7.
- They brought recent arrival Shane Watson into the side for that game and even made him captain but the Australian star could only manage five runs when opening the batting and they will desperately hope he can find some form quickly as they bid to move off the bottom of the table.
- Their batting continues to be their major weakness as Mohammad Naim is their top runscorer with just 176 runs in their six matches as they desperately need Cameron Delport, Lewis Gregory, Shane Watson and Mohammad Nabi to raise their game and start contributing much more with the bat now.
This is a bottom of the ladder clash between Sylhet Thunder and Rangpur Rangers but recent events suggest one team is still determined to make a push for the play-offs and the other is accepting their fate. Sylhet rotated some of their local players last time out and it backfired as they failed to make much of an impression and that suggested they may have given up on the season now. In contrast, Rangpur brought Shane Watson in to try boost their chances and are determined to fight to try make a push. They have the desire and that has to make them the more appealing play compared to the deflated Thunder side.