2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Sylhet Thunder vs Rajshahi Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Sylhet Thunder vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Saturday 4th January, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Sylhet Thunder vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet
What is the expected weather for Sylhet Thunder vs Rajshahi Royals? 23c with sunshine and the occasional cloudy spell forecast
What channel is Sylhet Thunder vs Rajshahi Royals on? Sylhet Thunder vs Rajshahi Royals will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Sylhet Thunder vs Rajshahi Royals? Sylhet Thunder vs Rajshahi Royals will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Sylhet Thunder vs Rajshahi Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rajshahi Royals beat Sylhet Thunder by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sylhet Thunder have nothing but pride to play for having won just one of their 10 matches so far and this is the one they will be targeting as it is their final game in Sylhet before the tournament returns to Dhaka for the final group stage matches.
- After losing in a Super Over against Cumilla Warriors in what was their best chance of a second victory, they struggled against Rangpur Rangers last time out as they fell 38 runs short of the Rangers’ total of 199/5.
- The Thunder were without Johnson Charles for that match against the Rangers and his status remains in doubt so the likely absence of their second top runscorer would be a major blow to their chances here.
- After two consecutive defeats in a row, Rajshahi Royals got their campaign back on track as they avenged the loss to Rangpur Rangers by beating them by 30 runs last time out as they sit as one of the three teams on 12 points going into Saturday’s matches.
- The win against the Rangers came without skipper Andre Russell who picked up an injury in the previous game against the Rangers and they continue to monitor his fitness but that forced Ravi Bopara and Shoaib Malik to step up.
- All-rounder Mohammad Nawaz was the man to replace Russell and he contributed with bat and ball so they will hope Russell’s absence does not impact the team too much, but it may change their tactic of chasing totals as they set one against the Rangers and they defended it comfortably.
Sylhet Thunder are generally lacking in quality as their overseas stars have been relatively inconsistency and they possess the weakest set of local players in the tournament. That makes them difficult to like especially when motivation may be wavering although they will be desperate to win their final game on home turf. They face Rajshahi Royals who will be keen to avoid defeat after two in a row prior to the Rangers win. They are without star man Andre Russell but that may help them in some respects to get back to basics and force others to step up. Even without Russell, they possess the better team and while Thunder should make this competitive, the Royals should get the win.