2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Sylhet Thunder vs Cumilla Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Sylhet Thunder vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Thursday 2nd January, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Sylhet Thunder vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet
What is the expected weather for Sylhet Thunder vs Cumilla Warriors? 22c with some cloudy skies but little chance of rain
What channel is Sylhet Thunder vs Cumilla Warriors on? Sylhet Thunder vs Cumilla Warriors will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Sylhet Thunder vs Cumilla Warriors? Sylhet Thunder vs Cumilla Warriors will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Sylhet Thunder vs Cumilla Warriors? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Cumila Warriors beat Sylhet Thunder by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sylhet Thunder lost for the third game in a row as their hopes of making a late charge towards the play-offs were effectively ended with the Thunder managing just one win from their eight matches so far.
- They came unstuck against Rangpur Rangers in their most recent game as they got off to a terrible start when losing Andre Fletcher to a second ball duck and it did not really improve from there with Mohammad Muthun the only player to score more than 20 runs as he notched 62.
- After stuttering to 133/9, it always looked like they were plenty short of a defendable total and despite an impressive spell from youngster Naveen-ul-Haq who took 3-12 from his four overs, Thunder succumbed to a seven-wicket loss.
- Cumilla Warriors have plenty of work to do if they are to defend their Bangladesh Premier League crown but a dramatic victory against Chattogram Challengers could prove to be the turning point of their campaign.
- Chattogram were put in to bat and were able to post 159/6 but it could have been a lot worse for Cumilla who were struggling to take wickets and things looked bleak for them with the Challengers sitting on 103 for no loss in the 12th over.
- The good response after the first wicket fell was arguably what saw them win the game as captain Dawid Malan led the way with 74 but it was 18-year-old Mujeeb Ur Rahman who proved to be the hero as he hit a four with his first ball and the final delivery of the innings to hand his side a valuable two-wicket win.
The manner in which Cumilla Warriors won their last game should stand them in good stead as they make a late charge towards the play-offs in an effort to defend their BPL title. They needed youngster Mujeeb Ur Rahman to score three runs off the final ball of the innings as he made his way to the crease following Dawid Malan’s dismissal and he obliged by sending Liam Plunkett for four. That win has given his side a platform to build from and against a poor Sylhet Thunder outfit, the Warriors are likely to make it successive wins.