2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Thursday 2nd January, 2020 – 07:20 (UK)
Where is Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet
What is the expected weather for Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals? 26c with plenty of cloud cover but little chance of rain
What channel is Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals on? Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals? Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rangpur Rangers beat Rajshahi Royals by 47 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Rangpur Rangers made it back-to-back victories and three wins from their last four as the play-offs begin to look a real possibility for them after a comfortable victory over Rajshahi Royals in their last match.
- The two teams meet again here and Rangers will be confident of adding another victory against a side that they dominated with both bat and ball with Mohammad Naim’s 55 helping Rangers post 182/6.
- The ability to take frequent wickets disrupted the flow of the Royals and also kept their scoring rate down as Taskin Ahmed led the way with four wickets with his side running out winners by 47 runs.
- Rajshahi Royals fell to a second consecutive loss as they were outplayed by Rangpur Rangers but they get a quick opportunity to right the wrongs of that performance as they face the same side in this contest.
- The Royals suffered a blow early on when Andre Russell was only able to bowl three balls and despite taking to the crease to bat in his side’s innings, he may be a doubt with the ball in this game.
- Rangers were able to post 182 without the threat of Russell and when Shoaib Malik was bowled for a duck for the second game in succession, it left the Royals struggling 51/3 and well behind the required rate and they eventually finished on 135/8, well short of their target.
After some off-field controversy with rumours circulating that the Rangpur sponsors have been meddling in team affairs, they have won their last two matches under newly appointed captain Shane Watson. They were dominant against Rajshahi Royals in their last game and will hope for a repeat performance against the same side who could be hampered by the injury suffered by Andre Russell in the last game. He only lasted three balls and is a doubt here and even if he is able to just bat, Rangers should be too good and can maintain their recent good form.