2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Tuesday 31st December, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals? 26c with cloud but no rain forecast
What channel is Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals on? Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals? Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Rangpur Rangers vs Rajshahi Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rangpur Rangers beat Rajshahi Royals by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Rangpur Rangers picked up a vital win on Monday to move off the bottom of the BPL ladder and leapfrog Sylhet Thunder who they beat by seven wickets and with 16 balls to spare as they comfortably beat them.
- The two stars of the show were Mustafizur Rahman who took 3/10 from his four outstanding overs to help restrict Sylhet Thunder to just 133/9 from their 20 overs and then Cameron Delport finally found some form smashing 63 from 28 balls.
- After what was easily their best performance of the tournament so far, the Rangers will surely be unchanged for this crunch match that they have to win, as they hope recent arrival Shane Watson can find some form with the bat.
- Rajshahi Royals were comprehensively beaten on Tuesday by Dhaka Platoon as batting second, they were bowled out for just 100 chasing 174/5, and the lack of time at the crease and form for their middle order was exposed badly.
- This was the first time in the tournament that they lost more than four wickets and it exposed the middle and lower order so that will be something of a warning sign for the remainder of the tournament.
- As much as their lower order failed to contribute, the likes of Russell, Bopara and Shoaib Malik only scored 17 runs combined and that trio have to improve significantly if they are to bounce back here.
Rangpur Rangers are making a last-ditch attempt to try push for the play-offs but they will have to win three or four games in a row now to have any chance. They have strengthened their team nicely and they looked in impressive form albeit against the struggling Sylhet Thunder last time out. Rajshahi Royals had an off-day on Tuesday as they were comprehensively beaten but they are not afforded much rest as they are back in action just a day later. This will be a tough ask for them and with the Rangers batting line-up starting to click into gear, they could spring an upset here.