2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Rangpur Rangers vs Chattogram Challengers Preview & Prediction
When is Rangpur Rangers vs Chattogram Challengers taking place? Saturday 14th December, 2019 – 07:20 (UK)
Where is Rangpur Rangers vs Chattogram Challengers taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Rangpur Rangers vs Chattogram Challengers? 27c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Rangpur Rangers vs Chattogram Challengers on? Rangpur Rangers vs Chattogram Challengers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Rangpur Rangers vs Chattogram Challengers? Rangpur Rangers vs Chattogram Challengers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Rangpur Rangers vs Chattogram Challengers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rangpur Rangers beat Chattogram Challengers by 72 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Rangpur Rangers come into their second game of BPL7 desperate to improve on their dreadful showing in their opening game where they were bowled out for just 68 when chasing Cumilla Warriors’ 173/7.
- Their batting looks extremely weak and that was exposed in their opening game, and until Cameron Delport arrives after Mzansi Super League duty, it is likely to remain that way as they will rely heavily on Mohammad Shahzad, Lewis Gregory and Mohammad Nabi to produce until then.
- The bowling unit remains one of the stronger attacks on paper but they are under pressure given how poor the batting looks and they really will have to produce some magic if they are to have any chance of winning here.
- This will be Chattogram Challengers’ third match in the opening week of the BPL and after beating Sylhet Thunder in their opening match, but they lost out to the Khulna Tigers on Thursday and they will look to bounce back from that here.
- They were able to count upon Lendl Simmons who arrived the evening before the Tigers game and he came in to opening the batting along with compatriot Chadwick Walton where they will both have been disappointed to have gotten out after making decent starts.
- Kesrick Williams also came in for that game to bolster their bowling attack but he was their sixth bowler in that match and he should surely feature earlier in the innings here if they are to have more success.
Neither of these teams have been particularly impressive in the BPL so far but the Rangpur Rangers were particularly poor in their opening match. They will be under some pressure to succeed but their batting ranks as arguably the worst in the tournament right now. Their bowling attack is strong but they will really need to be at their best to give them a chance. The Challengers have hardly been brilliant, but they are a better balanced team all-round compared to the Rangers which may just give them the edge here.