2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder taking place? Saturday 28th December, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder? 22c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder on? Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder? Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sylhet Thunder beat Khulna Tigers by 80 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Khulna Tigers bounced back nicely following two defeats in a row by beating Rangpur Rangers by 52 runs last time out and that has kept them firmly in contention for a play-off place.
- The major positive from their win over Rangpur was the fact that they put 182/7 on the board despite star man Rilee Rossouw being out for a duck and Mushfiqur Rahim and new arrival Najibullah Zadran producing the goods to help them to victory.
- Mohammad Amir produced his best display in that game while Robbie Frylinck and Mehidy Hasan Miraz did well and they will hope that conditions in Dhaka suit their bowlers better than in Chittagong.
- Sylhet Thunder are simply in must-win territory now to have any chance of reaching the knockout phase as with just one win from six matches, they are close to being eliminated mathematically.
- The Thunder will take some confidence from the fact that they have already beaten Khulna Tigers by 80 runs earlier in this tournament as Andre Fletcher and Johnson Charles caught fire with innings of 103 and 90 respectively.
- While the batting has unquestionably been strengthened with the arrival of Sherfane Rutherford, the bowling unit is their weakness and unless Ebadat Hossain or Krishmar Santokie can take early wickets, they are lacking quality and the ability to slow opposing batting orders.
Sylhet Thunder’s only victory in this edition of the BPL has come against Khulna Tigers but they will not find it easy to replicate that win. Their batsmen hit top form that day but whether they can do the same against an improving Tigers’ bowling attack remains to be seen. Khulna played well last time out and they are looking to raise their game in this second half of the group phase. Sylhet will go all out of the win, but their bowling attack just is not good enough so the Tigers have to be favoured here.