2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder taking place? Saturday 21st December, 2019 – 07:20 (UK)
Where is Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder taking place? Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
What is the expected weather for Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder? 24c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What channel is Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder on? Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport
Where can I stream Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder? Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Tigers vs Sylhet Thunder? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Sylhet Thunder beat Khulna Tigers by 58 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Khulna Tigers picked up their third win in a row on Friday as they eased to victory against Rangpur Rangers chasing down their target of 138 with 7.3 overs to spare and they remain the only team in the tournament with a 100% winning record.
- They have relied on their batsmen so far in this tournament but their bowlers stepped up to the plate in this game with Mohammad Amir taking 2/24 and Shafiul Islam 3/21 as they enjoyed their performance of the tournament so far as a unit.
- They have an injury concern over Robbie Frylinck who could only manage one over with the ball in that match on Friday and that could well hand an opening to Sri Lankan spinner Wanindu Hasaranga to come into the side for his debut.
- Sylhet Thunder’s miserable start to this edition of the BPL continues as they have now lost all four of their matches played and there is a lack of quality and confidence in the side that makes it difficult to see them winning many games.
- They possess plenty of talent in their batting line-up but the likes of Rony Talukdar, Andre Fletcher, Mohammad Mithun, Johnson Charles and Mosaddek Hossain have failed to click into gear and put together any big scores which is costing them dearly.
- They to compete in each of their games despite this losing habit and Krishmar Santokie is at least showing signs of form with the ball as he took 3/13 from his four overs last time out that almost led them to victory and they now need more players to stand up and produce the goods.
Everything coming into this game suggests this match is a foregone conclusion as the Tigers have won all three of their matches, and the Thunder have lost all four of theirs. The Sylhet outfit have competed hard in most of their games so far despite losing them all but they ultimately lack any real belief that they can see a game through and win it. The Tigers on the other hand already look like a major candidate to win the tournament this season and their batting especially is formidable. It ultimately seems unlikely that Sylhet can keep up with the Khulna batting line-up which should be where this game is won.