2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers Preview & Prediction
When is Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Friday 27th December, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers? 18c with a chance of showers in the morning but unlikely to affect play
What channel is Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers on? Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers? Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Tigers vs Rangpur Rangers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Khulna Tigers beat Rangpur Rangers by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Khulna Tigers’ bright start to the BPL has faded somewhat in the last couple of matches as they have lost to both Sylhet Thunder and Rajshahi Royals so they will be keen to get back to winning ways here and keep apace with the teams challenging for the knockout places.
- They desperately need more batsmen to step up and ease the burden on star man Rilee Rossouw as he leads the way on 259 runs in the tournament so far with Mushfiqur Rahim second on 154 and Rahmanullah Gurbaz next on just 98.
- The Tigers also need a greater contribution from Mohammad Amir and Robbie Frylinck with the ball as they have yet to really make an impact with only four and five wickets each respectively in the opening five games.
- Rangpur Rangers picked up their first win of this edition of the BPL last time out as they shocked leaders Chattogram Challengers as they beat them by six wickets with some of their key men finally finding some form.
- English all-rounder Lewis Gregory was their star man in that victory as he took 2/27 from his four overs and then smashed an unbeaten 76 from 37 balls to lead his side to victory and their overseas stars finally found some form.
- Changes are unlikely for this match but they will be desperately hoping that Cameron Delport can start scoring some runs at the top of the order as that will give them a much better chance of winning as early wickets continue to haunt them.
Khulna Tigers looked so strong in their opening couple of matches but their form has dipped badly in the last two games. They are now under some pressure to get a win as the tournament reverts back to Dhaka which is where they played some of their best cricket. Rangpur Rangers finally got a win at the fifth time of asking last time out but that was as much down to the Challengers easing off the gas as anything else. The Tigers will be motivated here and should ultimately have too much for them but the over-reliance on Rilee Rossouw remains a major concern.