2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Monday 23rd December, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
What is the expected weather for Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals? 26c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals on? Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals? Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Khulna Tigers beat Rajshahi Royals by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Khulna Tigers became the first team to lose to Sylhet Thunder on Saturday in this year’s BPL campaign so they will be desperate to rekindle their best form and get back to winning ways here.
- Rilee Rossouw hit his third fifty in four matches in that game and he continues his outstanding form but they could desperately do with some of their other batsmen stepping up especially the openers Rahmanullah Gurbaz whose form has dipped since his fifty in the opening game.
- Their bowling attack went for 232/5 in that game in what was their worst bowling display of the tournament so far, and they will be hoping for a much-improved display from Mohammad Amir who they will hope can inspire the rest of the bowling attack.
- Rajshahi Royals return to action after six days without a game and they come up against the Khulna Tigers once again who inflicted their one and only defeat in their last game as they beat them by five wickets last week.
- Their total of 189/4 proved too little and they will likely play more aggressive match here given how many 200+ totals they have seen in Chittagong since they last played, so that will be their aim if they bat first here.
- They used nine bowlers in their last match which shows just how much strength in depth they have there and the only chance of rotations will be among their local players in the bowling attack with overseas stars Andre Russell, Hazratullah Zazai, Ravi Bopara and Shoaib Malik set to continue.
This should be another fascinating game in Chittagong between two of the better teams in the tournament. Khulna Tigers got the better of the Rajshahi Royals last week when they chased down 189/4 but the likelihood is that whoever wins the toss will want to bat first and put 220+ on the board here. Given the recent form of the two teams, the Royals have to be marginally favoured to get revenge on the Tigers. The Khulna batting line-up has lost a little form in recent games and after a good rest for the Royals, expect them to come out all guns blazing and pick up the victory.