2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Friday 10th January, 2020 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors? 20c in clear skies but very humid conditions are expected
What channel is Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors on? Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors? Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Khulna Tigers beat Cumilla Warriors by 34 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Khulna Tigers collected a timely win as they proved too good for Cumilla Warriors in their pivotal clash and that win should seal their spot in the play-offs due to their vastly superior net run rate.
- The Tigers need to avoid defeat in either of their final two matches to be certain of a spot in the final four but it should not matter following the 34-run victory thanks to a solid showing with both bat and ball.
- Rilee Rossouw produced a great knock as he smashed 71* off just 36 balls to help his side to 179/2 and Robbie Frylinck backed that effort up with a superb spell of bowling that saw him take 5-16 to help bowl the Warriors out for 145.
- Cumilla Warriors’ reign as Bangladesh Premier League champions appears to be over after they lost their vital match with Khulna Tigers but will look to end their campaign on a high as they face the same team for the second time in quick succession.
- The Warriors need to overturn a huge net run rate deficit but even that might not be enough with the Tigers having a further game to play which would give them the opportunity to secure their play-off spot at Cumilla’s expense.
- It was a poor all-round display by the Warriors as they only managed to take two wickets while allowing the Tigers to post 179 and only Sabbir Rahman achieved anything of note in their reply as he scored a half-century but was very much alone in his efforts.
Khulna Tigers will almost certainly compete in the Bangladesh Premier League play-offs after they claimed a vital win over Cumilla Warriors. On the flip side, the defeat is likely to eliminate the Warriors and see their reign as champions come to an end. The Tigers had lost their last two matches heading into that game but produced a solid performance to claim the win and they should be able to replicate it to confirm their place in the final four.