2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – 07:20 (UK)
Where is Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors? 23c in mostly cloudy skies
What channel is Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors on? Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors? Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Tigers vs Cumilla Warriors? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Cumilla Warriors beat Khulna Tigers by 80 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Khulna Tigers have now lost back-to-back contests and they will be worried by the manner of their latest defeat to Chattogram Challengers as their bid to make the play-offs stutters, with this game against Cumilla Warriors shaping as a crucial contest.
- The Tigers were skittled for 121 with Rilee Rossouw the only player to score into the 30s while the tail offered very little as the final four wickets fell for just seven runs to leave themselves with a mammoth task to defend the low total.
- The Challengers went about their business in a professional manner, knocking off the runs when they were available and the four wickets that the Tigers managed to take were in vain as they fell to a six-wicket defeat.
- Cumilla Warriors earned a third straight victory as their timely run of form picked up pace and the reigning champions have now put themselves in a strong position to contend for the play-offs but must keep their winning streak going here.
- They beat Sylhet Thunder in their last game as they reached their target of 142 with five wickets and five balls to spare and captain Dawid Malan continued his superb form to guide his side to the victory.
- Malan added another 58 runs to his tally and he remains the highest scorer in the competition with 435 points from nine games and is averaging just over 62 with the skipper needing to lead from the front once again in this vital game.
This is a pivotal game between two teams chasing the play-offs and the momentum is with reigning champions Cumilla Warriors who have won their last three games. Khulna Tigers on the other hand have lost their last two and with the pair both sitting on 10 competition points, it highlights the magnitude of this game. This is the first of a double-header for the two teams but the Warriors can put themselves into pole position for a play-off spot by coming out on top of this contest.