2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Khulna Tigers vs Chattogram Challengers Preview & Prediction
When is Khulna Tigers vs Chattogram Challengers taking place? Thursday 12th December, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Khulna Tigers vs Chattogram Challengers taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Khulna Tigers vs Chattogram Challengers? 28c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Khulna Tigers vs Chattogram Challengers on? Khulna Tigers vs Chattogram Challengers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Khulna Tigers vs Chattogram Challengers? Khulna Tigers vs Chattogram Challengers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Tigers vs Chattogram Challengers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chattogram Challengers beat Khulna Tigers by 26 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Khulna Tigers have never reached a BPL final in their history and possess one of the lowest win ratios in the tournament so they come into this year’s edition with low expectations but keen to improve on their miserable performances in BPL6 which saw them win just two of their 12 matches.
- They will be led this time by Bangladesh star Mushfiqur Rahim and he is joined by fellow local Shafiul Islam and Nazmul Hossain Shanto but it is their quartet of overseas players that will really capture the imagination of their fans.
- Last edition’s top runscorer Rilee Rossouw has joined up with them and he will relish the conditions once again, while highly underrated all-rounder Robbie Frylinck who will be looking to make a major impact along with bowlers Mohammad Amir and potential revelation Wanindu Hasaranga.
- Chattogram Challengers got their BPL campaign off to an excellent start on Wednesday as they chased down Sylhet Thunder’s total of 162/4 down with an over to spare and they recovered well after being reduced to 64/4 in the ninth over.
- A fifth-wicket partnership of 86 by Imrul Kayes and Chadwick Walton guided them to victory in a game that was in the balance for the most part, but they relied on their key internationals as the duo along with Avishka Fernando scored 143 of their 163 runs between them.
- With Mahmudullah absent and Kesrick Williams, Chris Gayle, Lendl Simmons and Imad Wasim yet to arrive in Bangladesh, they have a much-weakened side at their disposal, and they will be hoping for a much-improved display here especially in the bowling department.
Khulna Tigers have some talented players on their roster for BPL7 but they may be a little short of depth overall. The same could be said for the Challengers, however, who needed big contributions from their key men with the bat at least to win their opener on Wednesday. Their advantage coming into this game is that they have acclimatised to conditions and know how the pitch in Dhaka will play which could give them the edge. They will struggle to bowl any worse than they did in that game and looked strong with the bat, so unless Rossouw produces any magic like he did in the last edition, the Challengers can make it two wins from two.