2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League Final – Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Friday 17th January, 2020 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals? 23c in clear skies but very humid conditions
What channel is Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals on? Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals? Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Khulna Tigers beat Rajshahi Royals by 27 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Khulna Tigers advanced to their first Bangladesh Premier League final as some inspirational bowling from Mohammad Amir proved to be the difference when defeating Rajshahi Royals in their qualifying contest.
- Having made 158/3 thanks largely to an unbeaten 78 from opener Najmul Hossain Shanto, the Tigers took early wickets to reduce the Royals to 33/6 and despite some defiance to reach triple figures it was not enough as the Tigers won by 27 runs.
- Amir was the key instigator of that early collapse and having ended with unbelievable figures of 6/17, the best bowling figures in BPL history, he is going to be the key man for the Tigers as they bid to seal their first title.
- Rajshahi Royals responded well to their defeat against Khulna Tigers in their first qualifying game as they edged Chattogram Challengers to progress to the final in the hunt of their first tournament win in the BPL.
- The Royals struggled to keep the run rate down when it was not their front-line bowlers with ball in hand as Abu Jayed, Shoaib Malik and Afif Hossain bowled one over each but went for a combined 54 runs as the Challengers were able to post 164/9.
- After an early batting collapse that reduced the Royals to 34/3, it looked like the game would get away from them but Andre Russell came in at six and whacked an unbeaten 54 from 22 balls to save his side and send them through to just their second final.
There will be a new name on the BPL trophy as Khulna Tigers face Rajshahi Royals. The Tigers defeated the Royals in their first qualifying clash but that will count for little in this game. Both teams have the capability of winning with a few match-winners in either side and it could go down to the wire with the two teams evenly-matched. The Royals boast the likes of Andre Russell and Shoaib Malik but they need support from their teammates if they are to come out on top while the Tigers’ obvious threat is Mohammad Amir after his record-breaking exploits when the sides last met. Backed up by the batting ability of Mushfiqur Rahim and Rilee Rossouw, it is the Tigers that should be able to claim their maiden BPL crown.