2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League Eliminator – Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon Preview & Prediction
When is Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon taking place? Monday 13th January, 2020 – 07:30 (UK)
Where is Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon? 24c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon on? Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon? Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chattogram Challengers beat Dhaka Platoon by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chattogram Challengers missed the chance to finish top of the BPL ladder by losing their final group stage match at the hands of Rajshahi Royals and have to play this Eliminator against Dhaka Platoon who they have beaten twice already in this edition of the BPL.
- Despite the defeat last time out, they were boosted by Mahmudullah’s unbeaten 48 from 33 balls showing he is in good form after returning from injury and they will now just be hoping that the Universe Boss Chris Gayle can find his best form after knocks of 23 twice in his two games so far.
- While the batting order with recent arrival of Gayle and return of Mahmudullah looks much stronger now, they do need a strong bowling performance with pressure on locals Rubel Hossain and Ziaur Rahman to produce the goods along with English paceman Liam Plunkett.
- After winning three matches in a row to move them into fourth place, Dhaka Platoon lost their final two group stage matches so they bring little momentum into this crucial qualifier against a team that has already beaten them twice this year.
- Mominul Haque and Mahedi Hasan both hit excellent half centuries in their last match where they posted 205/4 but they will be concerned by some of the slow batting at the top of the order by the likes of Tamim Iqbal and Anamul Haque, while the bigger concern will be the inability to defend such a total.
- Their batting depth continues to be impressive with overseas all-rounder Thisara Perera, Shadab Khan and Faheem Ashraf giving them an incredibly long tail and that will likely encourage some big hitting right from the start of their innings know they have so much talent.
Chattogram Challengers will be confident coming into this Eliminator after having already beaten Dhaka Platoon twice this season. They lack the depth of the Dhaka Platoon’s batting outfit, but their bowling attack has the greater quality and could make the difference. Ultimately, it is hard to see Dhaka taking wickets regularly enough to slow the Challengers batsmen, and Chattogram are the team favoured to progress due to their greater all-round balance.