2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder taking place? Saturday 14th December, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder? 27c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder on? Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder? Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Dhaka Platoon beat Sylhet Thunder by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Dhaka Platoon kick-started their BPL campaign on Friday where they beat Cumilla Warriors by 20 runs as their total of 180/7 when batting first proved too much for their opponents and the bowling attack defended it well with Thisara Perera shining with bat and ball.
- After a poor opening performance, they bounced back nicely on Friday with the Sri Lankan all-rounder Thisara smashing an unbeaten 42 from 17 balls and then taking an impressive 5/30 as they found some form.
- The batting clicked into gear to score the highest total in the tournament so far as Tamim Iqbal hit an excellent 74, and they will come into this clash with the struggling Thunder in great spirits.
- It has been a bleak start to BPL7 for Sylhet Thunder as they have lost their opening two matches so far and their latest defeat was an eight-wicket loss at the hands of Rajshahi Royals who bowled them out for just 91 and then chased that down with more than nine overs to spare.
- Herschelle Gibbs’ men are desperately short on quality and with Sherfane Rutherford and Mohammad Sami missing that match on Friday, their other overseas players contributed very little as Jeevan Mendis was out for a first ball duck, Krishmar Santokie was hit for 15 from his one over, and Johnson Charles could only manage 16.
- They are short on quality with both bat and ball right now and they will have to seriously raise their performance levels to have any chance of winning here, though the potential arrival of Rutherford would give them a boost if he can play here.
Sylhet Thunder have made a poor start to BPL7 and their roster does look woefully short on quality. They have lost their opening two matches and it is difficult to see where a victory is going to come from. They face Dhaka Platoon who will be eager to kick on and get a result while playing on home turf before the tournament moves to Chattogram. They have not been at their best so far but they do possess more quality and match-winners that should see them pick up a win and compound Sylhet’s misery.