2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers Preview & Prediction
When is Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Friday 10th January, 2020 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers? 22c in partly cloudy skies in what will be very humid conditions
What channel is Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers on? Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers? Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Dhaka Platoon beat Rangpur Rangers by 61 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Dhaka Platoon’s improved run of form has come at just the right time as they secured their spot in the Bangladesh Premier League play-offs after they earned a third straight win to defeat Rangpur Rangers.
- Dhaka lost a steady stream of wickets as they failed to build any partnerships to write home about and were thankful to Shadab Khan’s unbeaten knock of 31 off 19 balls towards the end of the innings he helped his side post 145/9.
- If there were any doubts that they had managed to score enough runs, they will have been removed as Mahedi Hasan removed both openers inside the opening over and that set the tone for a strong bowling performance as Platoon skittled Rangers for 84.
- Rangpur Rangers had their hopes of challenging for the play-offs officially ended as they were beaten by Dhaka Platoon after they put in a terrible batting performance in pursuit of a chaseable total.
- Rangers will attempt to right the wrongs of that performance in their final game of the tournament as they face the same team but will need to show big improvements following the 61-run defeat.
- After a decent effort with the ball, Rangers collapsed after Mohammad Naim and Shane Watson fell in the first over and they could only manage to make 84 runs on the back of that which highlights where they need to improve in their last match.
Dhaka Platoon could be in with a chance at claiming the BPL title for the third time after hitting form at just the right time. They have won their last three matches and with the form of the likes of Shadab Khan, they have the match-winners to make a run at making a fourth consecutive final. The win last time out secured their place in the play-offs and with the top of the standings within their reach, Platoon are likely to be too good for Rangers once again.