2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers Preview & Prediction
When is Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers? 20c in partly cloudy skies and very humid conditions
What channel is Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers on? Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers? Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Dhaka Platoon vs Rangpur Rangers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Dhaka Platoon beat Rangpur Rangers by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Dhaka Platoon are in a solid position to advance to the play-offs but will want to keep their fate in their own hands after making it back-to-back wins last time out by defeating Khulna Tigers.
- Platoon made 172/4 thanks to unbeaten knocks of 37 and 39 respectively from Ariful Haque and Asif Ali with their contribution at the end of the innings proving vital, particularly in the latter’s case as he managed his score off just 13 balls.
- Youngster Hasan Mahmud produced the best figures of his short career as he managed to take 4-32 and played a big role in his side restricting the Tigers to 160/8 as Dhaka held on for a 12-run victory.
- Rangpur Rangers returned to winning ways as they defeated Sylhet Thunder but their chances of finishing in the top four are remote and it is likely that they will miss out on a play-off berth.
- Rangpur produced their best batting display of the tournament so far as they notched 199/5 thanks in part to 68 runs from skipper Shane Watson as he put scores of just 5, 1, 7 and 2 behind him with the strong knock from just 36 balls.
- In an all-round effort with the ball, Rangers managed to skittle Thunder for 161 with the entire bowling unit taking at least one wicket other than Arafat Sunny as they completed the comfortable 38-run win.
Rangpur Rangers have a very slim chance of making the top four but it is very unlikely even if they win their last two matches of the tournament. They face Dhaka Platoon who also need a win to further enhance their own chances of qualifying for the final four in what should be a closely-contested match. Dhaka have won their last two and they should be able to make it three in a row to end Rangpur’s chances of making the play-offs.