2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Dhaka Platoon vs Rajshahi Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Dhaka Platoon vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Monday 30th December, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Dhaka Platoon vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Dhaka Platoon vs Rajshahi Royals? 26c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Dhaka Platoon vs Rajshahi Royals on? Dhaka Platoon vs Rajshahi Royals will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Dhaka Platoon vs Rajshahi Royals? Dhaka Platoon vs Rajshahi Royals will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Dhaka Platoon vs Rajshahi Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rajshahi Royals beat Dhaka Platoon by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Dhaka Platoon sit in the final play-off place right now but they know that Cumilla Warriors are hot on their heels so they will be motivated to get back to winning ways here after their highly disappointing loss at the hands of Chattogram Challengers last time out where they could only manage 124/9 batting first.
- The batting was woeful in that match as both Tamim Iqbal and Mehedi Hasan both failed to make a significant contribution which highlights their reliance on the local duo, while their trio of overseas all-rounders Shahid Afridi, Shadab Khan and Thisara Perera combined for just six runs.
- They are unlikely to overreact to that performance and their overseas batting stars like Laurie Evans and Asif Ali have struggled for form so it seems unlikely either of those two will come back into the side for this clash with the Royals as they stick to their formula.
- Rajshahi Royals’ outstanding run of form continues as they have won their last three games in a row as they sit in second two points behind Chattogram Challengers but having played two games less as they look formidable right now.
- Their batting remains incredibly strong with the top order looking in great touch while Ravi Bopara and Andre Russell are sitting in the middle order ready for some big hitting at any stage so they will look to maintain this form.
- Once again they used eight different bowlers last time out and skipper Andre Russell has so many options at his disposal though Mohammad Irfan continues to be his key man as he has made a major difference since coming into the side.
Rajshahi Royals have been the most impressive team in the first half of the group stage and it will be interesting to see if they can maintain this level all the way through the tournament. Complacency looks to be their biggest threat as they have so much quality and the strongest all-round team. Dhaka Platoon are so reliant on some key individuals but their batting looks fragile. Unless their top three can score heavily which will not be easy against Russell, Irfan and company, this looks likely to be another comfortably win for the Royals.