2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Dhaka Platoon vs Khulna Tigers Preview & Prediction
When is Dhaka Platoon vs Khulna Tigers taking place? Friday 3rd January, 2020 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Dhaka Platoon vs Khulna Tigers taking place? Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet
What is the expected weather for Dhaka Platoon vs Khulna Tigers? 19c but rain is expected throughout the day which could lead to a no result
What channel is Dhaka Platoon vs Khulna Tigers on? Dhaka Platoon vs Khulna Tigers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Dhaka Platoon vs Khulna Tigers? Dhaka Platoon vs Khulna Tigers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Dhaka Platoon vs Khulna Tigers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Dhaka Platoon beat Khulna Titans by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Dhaka Platoon made it three wins from their last four matches as they produced a dominant display to sweep Rajshahi Royals aside and with that victory, they strengthened their chances of securing a spot in the play-offs.
- Tamim Iqbal played a superb innings as he opened with an unbeaten 68 to lead the way for his side and when he was joined by Asif Ali as the seventh man at the crease, the pair were able to combine for an unbroken stand of 90 which saw their side finish on 174/5.
- If those efforts were not impressive enough, Wahab Riaz stole the show with a sensational spell of bowling which saw him end with figures of 5-8 as he ripped through the Royals’ batting line-up to guide his side to a huge 74-run win.
- Khulna Tigers are hitting form just at the right time as they made it back-to-back wins and did so in impressive fashion for the second game in a row as they proved far too good for Sylhet Thunder.
- Despite only managing to take four wickets, the Tigers did a decent job of keeping the run rate down as they restricted Thunder to 157 which ended up being well short of a defendable total.
- Mehidy Hasan struggled in his first few games opening the batting but he came to life in this contest with a match-winning 87* and after leading his side to the eight-wicket win, he will look to carry on where he left off in this game against Dhaka.
This is a vital game in the race for the play-offs with two in-form teams coming head-to-head as Dhaka Platoon face Khulna Tigers. Both enjoyed big wins last time out and will be confident of coming out on top in a game that could prove to be crucial, particularly if either team want to meet their ambitions of finishing at the top of the standings. The Tigers have the ability to come out on top but if Wahab Riaz is in the kind of mood he was in last time out, the Platoon should be able to claim the important victory if the elements do not ruin what should be an interesting contest.