2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Monday 23rd December, 2019 – 07:20 (UK)
Where is Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
What is the expected weather for Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors? 26c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors on? Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors? Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Dhaka Platoon beat Cumilla Warriors by 20 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Dhaka Platoon have won two and lost two in this edition of the BPL so far but they will hope for a much-improved bowling display here after their conceded 221/4 against Chattogram Challengers last time out which proved too much to chase down.
- They welcome back key opener Tamim Iqbal who missed their last match due to illness and he arrived in Chittagong after being unable to travel with his team-mates when the tournament moved from Dhaka last week.
- His inclusion will bolster the batting line-up significantly while they should be able to count upon Pakistan leg-spinner after he too missed the Challengers game with a slight knock and he could replace compatriot Shahid Afridi.
- Cumilla Warriors are also sat tied with the Platoon on four points from four games as they have won two and lost two while they also come off a loss against Chattogram Challengers who also posted a total of 200+ against them last week.
- The Warriors have signed South African all-rounder David Wiese but his availability for this game is unknown though he may be a candidate to replace Bhanuka Rajapaksa if he can play as the opener has struggled of late.
- Dawid Malan has been in exceptional form in recent games and he comes off smashing 84 from just 38 balls but they could benefit from the top order scoring more to reduce the pressure on Malan and skipper Shanaka.
There are so many parallels between these two teams after four rounds of matches and there is little to separate them coming into this game. The Platoon are boosted massively by the return of Tamim Iqbal which will give them more depth to their batting while they just have the edge when it comes to bowling attacks. If Shadab Khan plays, that could swing this match in their favour but this is a game that could go easily either way depending on which batting line-up clicks into gear.