2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Friday 13th December, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors? 28c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors on? Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors? Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Dhaka Platoon vs Cumilla Warriors? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Cumilla Warriors beat Dhaka Platoons by 17 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Dhaka Platoon endured a hugely disappointing start to their BPL7 campaign as they were comfortably beaten by Rajshahi Royals by nine wickets on Thursday and that was largely due to a poor performance with the bat as they only managed 134/9 when batting first.
- Several of their key men failed to perform as Tamim Iqbal could only manage five runs, Thisara Perera a single, and Pakistani legend Shahid Afridi was out for a golden duck in what was a really poor display with the bat.
- Neither Asif Ali nor Shadab Khan played in the opening match so their availability remains in doubt right now but given how poor the opening performance was, they will likely consider making changes to spark a reaction.
- In contrast to Dhaka, Cumilla Warriors got off to the perfect start as they hammered Rangpur Rangers by 105 runs as after batting first and posting 173/7, they produced the best bowling display of the tournament so far as they skittled the Rangers out for just 68.
- Skipper Dasun Shanaka was the star man in that match as he rescued the side from 89/6 from 13.5 overs to 173/7 from the 20 overs as he walloped an unbeaten 75 from just 31 balls which included nine sixes.
- The bowling unit produced the goods in style with all seven bowlers contributing something to bowl the Rangers out for just 68, and the most pleasing aspect for the Warriors is that there is still much more to come from the top order of their batting as this eleven will likely get another chance here.
Dhaka Platoon were as woeful in their opening match as Cumilla Warriors were outstanding so they know they have to raise their performance levels significantly here. Dhaka have been notoriously slow starters in previous editions but that should not be a factor with a different set of players at the club. The Warriors looked impressive in their first game and will take some beating based on that display. Dhaka will have to seriously improve to have any hope of beating them, and it is a difficult to make a case for them based on that opening performance.