2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers Preview & Prediction
When is Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – 07:30 (UK)
Where is Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
What is the expected weather for Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers? 26c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers on? Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers? Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Cumilla Warriors beat Rangpur Rangers by 105 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a mixed start for Cumilla Warriors as they come off a 20-run defeat at the hands of Dhaka Platoon last time out but they did win their opening match which was against Rangpur Rangers who they play once again here.
- Their bowling unit were not as effective last time out as they were against Rangpur the first time they met although Mujeeb was his usual economical self taking 1/15 but his colleagues went for 165 from the remaining 16 overs and they struggled to chase down the 181 target.
- There is every chance that they will be unchanged for this match and while their overseas stars are producing the goods, they need some of their local players to step up to the mark and make greater contributions here.
- It has been a poor start for Rangpur Rangers as they have lost both matches played so far in this edition of the BPL and Mark O’Donnell’s men will be desperate to start afresh and try to get a positive result on the board as the tournament moves to Chittagong.
- The team are desperately waiting for the arrival of Cameron Delport who has missed the start of the BPL due to his participation in the Mzansi Super League where he won the trophy with Paarl Rocks on Monday but he is unlikely to make it in time for this match.
- There is a heavy reliance on Mohammad Shahzad, Tom Abell, Mohammad Nabi and Lewis Gregory to produce with the bat as that has arguably been what has let them down in both matches so far, but in truth the entire team needs to raise their performance levels here.
Cumilla Warriors have been the more impressive of the two teams in the opening week of the Bangladeshi Premier League and they will be confident of beating Rangpur Rangers as they did in Dhaka last week by an emphatic 105 runs. The Warrior have a strong all-round team unlike the Rangers who are lacking quality throughout and very few of their players are in any kind of form. They have the potential on their day to perform much better, but it is hard to see how they bridge the gap from their match against the Warriors last week when they were comprehensively outplayed. Another win for Cumilla Warriors is on the cards.