2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers Preview & Prediction
When is Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Wednesday 11th December, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers? 28c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport 1 in the UK
Where can I stream Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers? This match will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Cumilla Warriors beat Rangpur Rangers by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Cumilla Warriors are the defending champions coming into BPL7 as they beat Dhaka Dynamites in the final which made it two trophies from the four editions they have participated in and they will have the respected Ottis Gibson coaching them this time around.
- Mohammad Saifuddin was a key man for them in their title win last time as he took 20 wickets in 13 matches but the all-rounder has a back problem and misses the tournament while the roster overall has undergone significant changes and does not look to possess the same quality.
- Soumya Sarkar, Al-Amin Hossain and Sabbir Rahman are the key local players although they have an impressive set of overseas’ stars with big-hitting Sri Lanka duo Dasun Shanaka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa, who are joined by Dawid Malan, Kusal Perera and star Afghan spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman although only Malan and Mujeeb are available for this opening game.
- Rangpur Rangers will be coached by Kiwi T20 specialist Mark O’Donnell and after winning the fifth edition of the tournament, they could only manage third last time so they will be aiming for better here.
- They made a dreadfully slow start to the tournament last time as they lost four of their first six matches before winning the next six in the group to move into the knockouts, so they will be hoping for a much better start.
- They can count on Mustafizur Rahman, Arafat Sunny and Taskin Ahmed to form a formidable local bowling attack that is boosted by quality all-rounders Mohammad Nabi and Lewis Gregory, while they will have high hopes from big-hitters Mohammad Shehzad and Cameron Delport although the latter is unavailable due to commitments in the Mzansi Super League.
Due to the reorganisation of the Bangladesh Premier League so soon before the tournament begins, there is plenty of uncertainty over some overseas signings who may not be available early in the competition. The Warriors may be without all three of their star Sri Lankans which is not ideal although they can count on Soumya Sarkar and Sabbir Rahman along with Malan and Mujeeb. The Rangers have one of the best sets of local players in the tournament which may see them start the tournament well. Along with Gregory, Nabi and Shahzad, they have a good core in this team. While they started slowly last time around, this is a much-changed team and they can start well and hand the defending champions an opening loss.