2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Saturday 28th December, 2019 – 07:30 (UK)
Where is Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals? 22c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals on? Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals? Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rajshahi Royals beat Cumilla Warriors by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Cumilla Warriors have lost their last three matches now and they have to snap that quickly and get a win here if they are to challenge for the knockout places but that will be a tough ask against the in-form Rajshahi Royals.
- The Warriors’ Dawid Malan is coming off a superb innings where he hit an unbeaten hundred from 54 balls but they could only manage 170/8 in that game against the Royals on Christmas Eve and their other batsmen need to raise their game against the same opponents here.
- Aside from Mujeeb Ur Rahman, the bowling attack remains incredibly weak so it would be no surprise if changes are made among their locals for this game but ultimately they need their top five batsmen to fire on all cylinders and outscore the Royals if they are to win here.
- Rajshahi Royals come into this rematch with the Warriors in great shape having beaten them comfortably last time out and they sit second in the BPL ladder with four wins from their opening five matches.
- Tall left-arm paceman Mohammad Irfan has come into the team in the last couple of matches and made a significant impact with his inclusion adding good quality to the bowling unit and making them a better all-round team.
- The Royals have rotated their batting order frequently to ensure the middle order are getting time in the middle and they may continue to do that as they keep winning matches with plenty to spare.
All the momentum is with Rajshahi Royals coming into this match as they have won four of their last five games and the last match these sides played was against each other on Christmas Eve where the Royals coasted to victory. They have the better team all-round and far more match winners in their ranks, and they will be motivated to beat a potential play-off rival and attempt to put them out of contention.