2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Tuesday 24th December, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
What is the expected weather for Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals? 26c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals on? Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport
Where can I stream Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals? Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Cumilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rajshahi Royals beat Cumilla Warriors by 38 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Cumilla Warriors slipped to second consecutive defeat on Monday at the hands of the Dhaka Platoon which has seen them fall into fifth place in the BPL ladder with some ground to make up if they are to challenge for the play-offs.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa was the star hitting an unbeaten 96 from 65 balls but the remaining 57 balls only went for 64 runs with Sabbir Rahman failing to score from seven balls and Dawid Malan only mustering 9 from 17 balls as Rajapaksa’s colleagues simply failed to score enough.
- It is arguably the local players who are not contributing enough to the Warriors right now as they desperately need some of their bowlers to step up as aside from Afghan spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman, they do not possess the quality to hold the better batting line-ups in the competition and that may force them to drop one of Rajapaksa, Malan or Shanaka to bring in all-rounder David Wiese though that seems unlikely.
- Rajshahi Royals got back to winning ways in style on Monday as they eased to victory against Khulna Tigers as after restricting them to 145/9, they chased that target down with seven wickets and two overs to spare.
- Skipper Andre Russell was in the thick of the action once again as he took two wickets in the first over of the match to give his side a stunning start, went on to take 4/37, and then hit 28 from 19 balls to guide his team to victory.
- Mohammad Irfan came into the side with Hazratullah Zazai dropping out of the team and that was key in strengthening the bowling attack as he conceded just 12 from his three overs and he may now get a run in a side that could be unchanged here.
Rajshahi Royals are already looking like one of the more formidable teams in the tournament after just four matches and that does not bode well for Cumilla Warriors who have lost their last two games. The Warriors have lost confidence in recent games and if their batting line-up does not produce the goods, the bowling attack is simply not good enough to win them any games outside of Mujeeb. That continues to be their major weakness and they will struggle once again here when they come up against an incredibly strong all-round team like the Royals.