2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder Preview & Prediction
When is Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder taking place? Tuesday 17th December, 2019 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder taking place? Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
What is the expected weather for Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder? 28c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder on? Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder? Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chattogram Challengers beat Sylhet Thunder by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chattogram Challengers won two of their opening three matches last week in Dhaka and Paul Nixon’s men are in good shape as the tournament now moves to their home city of Chittagong where they will look to kick on.
- They have rotated their overseas players in the opening matches but they may contemplate fielding Avishka Fernando, Chadwick Walton and Lendl Simmons in the team for the first time to really bolster their batting line-up meaning Zimbabwean Ryan Burl would be the man to make way.
- Walton and skipper Imrul Kayes have been leading the way with the bat but they will be hoping for more contributions and while they will expect to beat the struggling Sylhet Thunder, they cannot rest on their laurels here.
- It has been a tough opening for Sylhet Thunder who lost all three of their matches in Dhaka last week so they already look up against it in terms of their knockout phase hopes and they have to make major improvements to start winning matches.
- There are issues with both their batting and bowling departments but it is becoming increasingly evident that while the bowling attack is lacking quality, it is the batsmen that are under-performing and need to improve to make them more competitive.
- Big-hitting West Indian Andre Fletcher came into the side for the last game and they will be looking to him and Johnson Charles to score heavily as that appears to be their only route to success given how poor the bowling attack has been so far.
It is very difficult to make a case for Sylhet Thunder to win any match right now given how poor they have looked in the opening week of the Bangabandhu BPL. They will need a major improvement in all facets of the game to win this match but it is not beyond the realms of possibility if Fletcher and Charles can find some form. The Challengers look much stronger all-round, however, and they have to be favoured to pick up their third win in four games here.