2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Chattogram Challengers vs Rajshahi Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Chattogram Challengers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Tuesday 7th January, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Chattogram Challengers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Chattogram Challengers vs Rajshahi Royals? 18c in clear skies
What channel is Chattogram Challengers vs Rajshahi Royals on? Chattogram Challengers vs Rajshahi Royals will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Chattogram Challengers vs Rajshahi Royals? Chattogram Challengers vs Rajshahi Royals will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Chattogram Challengers vs Rajshahi Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rajshahi Royals beat Chittagong Vikings by 7 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chattogram Challengers got back to winning ways as they overcame Khulna Tigers to secure their place in the finals of the Bangladesh Premier League but still need to find greater consistency in their final matches.
- The Challengers did a superb job with the ball as they bowled the Tigers out for just 121 with Rubel Hossain and Mehedi Hasan Rana taking three wickets apiece to leave their side with a comfortable score to chase.
- They made slow progress in pursuit of the score as they attempted to avoid any hiccups over what should have been a simple chase and despite losing four wickets, the win never looked in doubt as the top three combined for 104 runs to set them on the way to a six-wicket win.
- Rajshahi Royals made it back-to-back wins as they picked up a comfortable victory against Sylhet Thunder and that dominant display allowed them to advance to the finals of the BPL but they know this will be a much more difficult contest as they aim to secure a top-two berth.
- The Royals restricted Thunder to 143/6 as they used no less than eight different bowlers during their stint with the ball with Alok Kapali taking two wickets with his solitary over but it was the batting performance that really stood out for Rajshahi.
- They were in no mood to mess around and went after the Thunder bowling unit with Afif Hossain doing the most damage with 46 off 30 balls and he helped his side to chase down their target with almost five overs to spare.
The two teams at the top of the BPL come into this game with plenty to play for as the winner will likely seal a vital top-two placing. Chattogram Challengers have been inconsistent of late and that could cause them issues if they are not at their best here with Rajshahi Royals looking the more dangerous of the two in recent games. The Royals will need to rely on their first-line bowlers to do the damage in this game and cannot rely on spreading it around as they did in their last contest but they should be able to come out on top.