2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Chattogram Challengers vs Khulna Tigers Preview & Prediction
When is Chattogram Challengers vs Khulna Tigers taking place? Saturday 4th January, 2020 – 07:30 (UK)
Where is Chattogram Challengers vs Khulna Tigers taking place? Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet
What is the expected weather for Chattogram Challengers vs Khulna Tigers? 23c with sunshine and the occasional cloudy spell forecast
What channel is Chattogram Challengers vs Khulna Tigers on? Chattogram Challengers vs Khulna Tigers will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Chattogram Challengers vs Khulna Tigers? Chattogram Challengers vs Khulna Tigers will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Chattogram Challengers vs Khulna Tigers? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Khulna Tigers beat Chattogram Challengers by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chattogram Challengers were beaten last time out by Cumilla Warriors in their final game in Dhaka and results around them have seen them drop from top spot to third with their opponents here Khulna Tigers just one win behind them.
- Their batting was a little disappointing in that loss to the Warriors as after Simmons was out at 103/1 from 11.3 overs, they only managed to post 159/6 and that proved to be short so they will be keen to improve on that here in this key match.
- Ryan Burl has enjoyed a couple of good matches with the ball so he could well retain his overseas spot in the team while the inclusion of Ziaur Rahman last time out paid off as he hit an unbeaten 34 and bowled well so he adds a little more depth to the batting and bowling departments.
- Khulna Tigers fell narrowly short on Friday by 12 runs to Dhaka Platoon as their total of 172/4 proved too much for that which means they remain two points behind the play-off places and the Challengers who sit in third place.
- Mushfiqur Rahim hit 64 in that game but there were not enough contributions around him and they will be relying heavily on star man Rilee Rossouw producing the goods here if they are to win and move into the top three places.
- The same could be said for their bowling attack as Robbie Frylinck and Mohammad Amir have been in good form of late but not enough of the local bowlers around them are making a difference so they will hope for better here.
These two teams are well matched so it is no surprise that they are duelling it out for a top three place. There is pressure on both teams and it will likely come down to who copes best with that and the conditions in Sylhet. The Tigers have the advantage of already having played a game in Sylhet unlike the Challengers and that could well be decisive. The pitch is not as high scoring as those in Dhaka or Chittagong, but the Khulna outfit’s experience of having played a game and their greater balanced team may just give them the edge here.