2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon Preview & Prediction
When is Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon taking place? Friday 27th December, 2019 – 08:00 (UK)
Where is Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon? 18c with a chance of showers in the morning but unlikely to affect play
What channel is Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon on? Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon? Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chattogram Challengers beat Dhaka Platoon by 16 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chattogram Challengers return to another phase of matches in Dhaka in a great position as they sit top of the BPL ladder with five wins from seven matches and they know a win here will pretty much seal a knockout spot although they are coming off a defeat to Rangpur Rangers.
- They are expected to be without star local batsman and captain Mahmudullah who continues to nurse a hamstring problem and this game may come too soon once again for him so given their strong position in the ladder, they appear unlikely to risk him here.
- Liam Plunkett came into the side in the defeat to Rangpur and was promptly smashed for 46 runs from his four overs to the English seamer will be hoping to improve on his figures here as he adjusts to conditions in Bangladesh.
- Dhaka Platoon have won four of their last five matches with their last two wins against Cumilla Warriors and Sylhet Thunder seeing them chase down solid totals in impressive fashion, so confidence is good right now as the tournament returns to home city.
- They have decided to go with an entirely Pakistani overseas allocation in the last couple of games led by the legendary Shahid Afridi and he has been ably supported by Asif Ali, Shadab Khan, and Wahab Riaz although all four have yet to really hit top form.
- With Mehedy Hasan hitting back-to-back fifties and Tamim Iqbal find some form of his own, the batting is looking strong and though they would like Asif Ali to get some time at the crease and produce the goods, they will surely go unchanged here.
These two teams are in good form coming into this match and it is certainly one of the more unpredictable games to call. The Challengers have been impressive so far but they are not without their frailties while Dhaka are hitting their stride now. With their Pakistani quartet adjusting to conditions and yet to hit their best form, they still have room for improvement and they may force the Challengers to wait to seal their qualification to the knockout phase.