2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Tuesday 31st December, 2019 – 07:20 (UK)
Where is Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors? 26c with cloud but no rain forecast
What channel is Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors on? Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors? Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chattogram Challengers beat Cumilla Warriors by 16 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chattogram Challengers are the only team have already qualified for the knockout phase of the tournament so they can afford to relax a little as they sit in top spot with six wins from their eight matches played so far.
- They refuse to rest on their laurels however as they have signed Sri Lankan batsman Asela Gunaratne who joins the squad and he could well play his first game here as they look to get him to speed with conditions as quickly as possible.
- Ryan Burl or Liam Plunkett will likely make way for Gunaratne as they look to strengthen their batting even further, and the Sri Lankan is also able to contribute some part-time medium pace bowling which could be vital too.
- This is last chance saloon for the Cumilla Warriors who have to win or risk elimination with plenty of matches remaining as their run of four defeats in a row has harmed their chances of a play-off place after a bright start.
- They made significant changes to their overseas quartet last time out as they brought in Stiaan van Zyl and David Wiese to join Dawid Malan and Mujeeb Ur Rahman in an attempt to change things around but they were unable to inspire a victory though they should get another chance here.
- Soumya Sarkar was in exceptional form last time out smashing 88 from 48 balls but the emphasis for their other batsmen will be on scoring at a quicker rate as their top three batsmen combined for 36 runs last time out but that took 43 balls which was the key reason why they fell 15 runs short of their target 191.
Chattogram Challengers have already qualified for the knockouts so there is a concern that they will rotate their squad for some of these upcoming matches and potentially ease off the gas. Cumilla Warriors have to win this match or they can wave goodbye to their play-offs hopes and while it is a tough ask, they could build some momentum with a win. That said, they look short in the bowling department even with the arrival of Wiese to support Mujeeb and that will likely be their downfall once again here.