2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League – Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors Preview & Prediction
When is Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Friday 20th December, 2019 – 13:00 (UK)
Where is Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors taking place? Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
What is the expected weather for Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors? 24c and sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors on? Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors? Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Chattogram Challengers vs Cumilla Warriors? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Cumilla Warriors beat Chattogram Challengers by 7 wickets (D/L method)
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chattogram Challengers have been the standout team in the tournament so far with four wins from their first five matches and they will know a couple more wins will virtually seal their spot in the knockout phase.
- They are coming off a stunning performance on Wednesday where they smashed 221/4 with the top order of Simmons, Fernando, Imrul Kayes, Mahmudullah and Walton continuing their fine form and are arguably the best line-up in the tournament.
- There is every chance they will go unchanged for this game and even though the bowling unit went for more than ten an over, they will keep faith with the team that beat Dhaka Platoon on Wednesday.
- Cumilla Warriors come off a victory over Rangpur Rangers on Wednesday as after conceding 181/8, the Warriors chased that total down in impressive fashion thanks to 40s from Sabbir Rahman, Dawid Malan and Soumya Sarkar.
- Their top five batsmen is one line-up that can rival the strength of the Challengers’ top order and they will be key to victory here with Rajapaksa, Soumya Sarkar, Malan, Sabbir Rahman and Shanaka all in excellent form.
- The bowling attack is still relying heavily on Mujeeb Ur Rahman for early wickets in the powerplay but they could desperately do with one or two others stepping up so it would be no surprise if there is a change to the bowling unit.
These two teams have made strong starts to this BPL campaign and have to be favoured already to be competing at the business end of the tournament. The Challengers continue to impress with their stunning batting but the Warriors can compete with them in that department. The bowling units are significantly weaker with one star overseas player on each team and the rest filled by local players. It could very well come down to early wickets and Mujeeb could very well be the difference maker for the Warriors to edge a game which could easily go either way.