2019-20 Bangladesh Premier League 1st Qualifier – Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Monday 13th January, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
What is the expected weather for Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals? 24c with sunshine forecast all day
What channel is Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals on? Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 1
Where can I stream Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals? Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals will be streamed live in the UK on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased directly from the stadium
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rajshahi Royals beat Khulna Tigers by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Khulna Tigers finished the group stage in style having won their last three matches to finish in top spot ahead of the Rajshahi Royals due to their superior newt run rate despite losing to the Royals when they met before Christmas.
- Their batting in the last two matches has been outstanding as they have surpassed 200 twice while they have only lost two wickets in each of those games, and the biggest positive has arguably been the fact that they did not rely on BPL 2019’s top runscorer Rilee Rossouw for the runs as Najmul Hossan Shanto smashed an unbeaten 115 and Mushfiqur Rahim hit 98.
- There is very little reason for the Tigers to change that approach and personnel for this game which means Rossouw, Zadran, Frylinck and Mohammad Amir will be their overseas players once again.
- Rajshahi Royals beat Chattogram Challengers in their final group game to ensure a top two finish and they move into this qualifier to face off against a Khulna Tigers side that they have already beaten once in this edition of the BPL.
- Their win against the Challengers was particularly convincing as they won by eight wickets with 14 balls to spare and they will be motivated to get the win here to ensure they move directly into the final and that will allow skipper Andre Russell a chance to rest his body before that game.
- Russell did not bowl in the match against the Challengers but he did use eight different bowlers once again so he has plenty of options but given the importance of this game, he may bowl here if he is deemed fit enough.
Both of these sides will be eager to win this match and avoid a second qualifier before reaching the final and that will likely be more important for the various veterans of the Royals. The batting line-up of both teams has been in exceptional form of late and this could easily become something of a shootout. The Tigers have been scoring freely with the bat in their last couple of matches but they will not find it easy against such a varied bowling attack. They may be a little more relaxed coming into this game as opposed to the Royals who are likely to be more determined to win and avoid putting their bodies through another game, so that gives Andre Russell’s men a marginal edge here.