2020-21 Bangabandhu T20 Cup – Minister Group Rajshahi vs Fortune Barishal Preview & Prediction
When is Minister Group Rajshahi vs Fortune Barishal taking place? Tuesday 8th December, 2020 – 07:30 (UK)
Where is Minister Group Rajshahi vs Fortune Barishal taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur
Where can I get tickets for Minister Group Rajshahi vs Fortune Barishal? No tickets are available as this tournament is taking place without spectators
What channel is Minister Group Rajshahi vs Fortune Barishal on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Minister Group Rajshahi vs Fortune Barishal? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
MINISTER GROUP RAJSHAHI
- After winning their opening two matches of the Bangabandhu T20 Cup, Minister Group Rajshahi have now lost their last four games with their latest setback coming on Sunday as Khulna eased to a five-wicket win against them.
- Najmul Hossain Shanto hit a half century in that defeat but once again, not enough of his supporting cast contributed sufficiently with the bat as they could only post 145 from their 20 overs while the bowling attack could not make inroads into the Khulna line-up.
- The side has been pretty settled in recent matches but that is largely because they do not possess any quality options to change things around so for this crunch clash with Barishal, they may keep faith with their core and hope they play themselves into a bit of form.
- Fortune Barishal sit on two points from their opening five games and as so many expected prior to this tournament, they are comfortably the worst team in the tournament out in the middle and on paper.
- Skipper Tamim Iqbal warned of a difficult tournament prior to it beginning and that is the way it has played out as despite his efforts with the bat that has seen him score 187 runs in five innings, the supporting cast has been nowhere near good enough to compete.
- This will be one match they will fancy their chances of getting a result from however as they did beat Rajshahi at the start of the tournament so that will give them some confidence and belief that they can replicate that here.
Neither of these two teams have overly impressed throughout the tournament so far but this is a crunch game in the race for the knockout spots between the two weakest teams. Barishal won the previous game between the two teams – their only win of the tournament so far – so that may give an indicator as to how this game may play out. Their performances have arguably been better of late than Rajshahi’s too as they have struggled in recent games losing their last four. Given the lack of quality in both camps, it could come down to which team’s key men can produce and the vote goes to Tamim Iqbal and Mehidy Hasan to guide Barishal to a rare victory here.