2020-21 Bangabandhu T20 Cup – Fortune Barishal vs Gemcon Khulna Preview & Prediction
When is Fortune Barishal vs Gemcon Khulna taking place? Tuesday 24th November, 2020 – 12:30 (UK)
Where is Fortune Barishal vs Gemcon Khulna taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur
Where can I get tickets for Fortune Barishal vs Gemcon Khulna? No tickets are available as this tournament is taking place without spectators
What channel is Fortune Barishal vs Gemcon Khulna on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Fortune Barishal vs Gemcon Khulna? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
- Fortune Barishal come into this edition of the Bangabandhu T20 Cup with Bangladeshi star Tamim Iqbal leading them but there have been plenty of question marks over their recruitment policy for this tournament.
- The team recruited four opening batsmen so they will be employing some batsmen in unfamiliar positions and Tamim Iqbal has already admitted that his side are underdogs and they will have to do things in an unconventional manner during this tournament.
- The bowling attack looks solid enough with Mehedi Hasan Miraz being a key man in the all-rounder role along with Taskin Ahmed, Abu Jayed and Tanvir Islam who are going to be heavily relied upon if they are to have success in this competition.
- Gemcon Khulna come into this tournament as one of the favourites as they were able to select both Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah and Imrul Kayes who form what is arguably the strongest batting order in the tournament.
- Shakib Al Hasan was always going to be a key selection for whichever team selected the talented all-rounder and he will add major quality and depth to both the batting and bowling ranks.
- Alongside their headline acts, they have plenty more quality on their roster which includes Anamul Haque, Ariful Haque and Shuvagata Hom while they will rely heavily on Bangladeshi T20 bowlers Al-Amin Hossain and Shafiul Islam to lead their pace attack.
This opening day clash between Fortune Barishal and Gemcon Khulna looks like something of a mismatch on paper as it is the latter who have to be heavily favoured to win this game. They have a wealth of quality in their ranks with one of the more formidable batting orders in the tournament while the inclusion of Shakib means the bowling has good depth and options too. Their star quality should be overwhelming for Fortune Barishal to cope with and unless Tamim Iqbal can produce some heroics, it is hard to see anything other than a comprehensive victory for Khulna.