2021 Pakistan Super League – Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators Preview & Prediction
When is Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Friday 11th June, 2021 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators taking place? Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators? No tickets are available as this match will take place without spectators
What channel is Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators on? This match will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Islamabad United resumed their Pakistan Super League campaign this past Wednesday with a disappointing five-wicket loss to Lahore Qalandars that saw them fail to defend 16 from the final over of the match and ultimately suffer their second loss of the competition so far.
- Most worrying for Islamabad was the performance of their batters against Lahore, with their highest scorer Faheem Ashraf scoring just 27 as they accrued a score of 143/9, which they’ll desperately be looking to improve on vs Quetta.
- Faheem will not feature in this match after being ruled out due to a hand injury with left-arm spinner Zafar Gohar and American quick bowler Ali Khan both pushing to be included here.
- Quetta Gladiators will be treating the resumption of the Pakistan Super League as a fresh start and a chance to improve on their performances before the tournament was postponed that saw them lose four of their five matches, leaving them bottom of the table.
- Whilst both big hitting batter Tom Banton and South African fast bowler Dale Steyn both unavailable to rejoin the Gladiators, West Indian superstar Andre Russell has been drafted into the team and he will fill a big hole with both bat and ball, alongside his natural leadership skills.
- The batting line-up of Quetta does look strong with Faf du Plessis, captain Sarfaraz Ahmed and Russell leading the charge, whilst fast bowler Naseem Shah was allowed to rejoin the PSL bubble after having originally been banned from flying to Abu Dhabi after breaching Covid-19 protocols.
Islamabad United’s batting must be a genuine cause for concern heading into this match and the likes of overseas openers Usman Khawaja and Colin Munro at the top of the order have to get their innings off to a good start. The absence of Faheem is a huge blow however, as not only is he a good bowler, but he also contributed important runs against Lahore. The postponement of the PSL may benefit Quetta Gladiators more than any other side, especially with Andre Russell joining their side and Quetta’s experienced top order should set the tone for an eventual Gladiators victory in this one.