2021 Pakistan Super League – Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings Preview & Prediction
When is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings taking place? Monday 14th June, 2021 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings taking place? Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Where can I get tickets for Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? No tickets are available as this match will take place without spectators
What channel is Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings on? This match will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live via the Sky Go app
THE TEAM NEWS
- Islamabad United secured their second straight Pakistan Super League victory yesterday, beating Lahore Qalandars by 28 runs, after bowing their opponents out for 124.
- Asif Ali shone with the bat for Islamabad, scoring 75 from 43 balls to help them put a defendable target on the board, before their bowling unit ran through Lahore, taking ten wickets for the cost of just 69 runs.
- Bowler Hasan Ali did not feature in the match for Islamabad United and he was set not to play any further part in this year’s Pakistan Super League due to personal reasons, however these reasons have since been resolved and Ali is available for selection once again.
- Despite opener Babar Azam’s 85 not out, Karachi Kings fell to a 12-run defeat last time out against Multan Sultans and after three days without a match they will be chomping at the bit to get out there and bounce back.
- After failing to take a wicket and recording an economy rate of over ten runs an over in his spell vs Multan, Karachi Kings will be hoping fast bowler Mohammad Amir can bounce back in this match and provide adequate support for Sri Lankan overseas player Thisara Perera, who took two wickets at four runs an over in comparison.
- Another big name player hoping for better luck in this upcoming fixture is Martin Guptill, who was dismissed for 11 and the hard hitting New Zealand international could play a big role against Islamabad.
Table toppers Islamabad United have the opportunity to put clear daylight between themselves and fourth-placed Karachi Kings, as victory here would increase the gap between the two sides to six points. However, the Kings have had plenty of time to reflect on their defeat to Multan and a reaction is expected in this contest. Key for Karachi Kings is their batters all chipping in to help star player Babar Azam, rather than them all failing around him as they did in their last match. Lightning is unlikely to strike twice here however, with Guptill in particular more than good enough to take the game to the Islamabad United bowling attack. Ultimately, Karachi Kings are in a false position when taking into account the strength of their side on paper and they are expected to show it here by bouncing back and beating the current Pakistan Super League leaders.