2020-21 Super Smash – Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds Preview & Prediction
When is Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds taking place? Thursday 14th January, 2021 – 02:10 (UK)
Where is Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds taking place? University Oval, Dunedin
Where can I get tickets for Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds? Ticket information for the Dream11 Super Smash can be found here
What channel is Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Otago Volts vs Wellington Firebirds? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Otago Volts return to action after losing last time out against the Central Stags so they will be eager to bounce back although they face a tough test against the highly impressive Wellington Firebirds.
- They will be looking to improve with the bat as while they have managed to score over 200 once, they will know that they need bigger contributions to compete better with only two half centuries registered by their batsmen so far.
- The team is relatively settled with just the one position in the line-up being rotated at the moment as Michael Rae and Dale Phillips are competing for the one spot seemingly up for grabs in this game.
- Defending champions Wellington Firebirds have started the new Super Smash tournament in the same vein of form which they ended last year’s as they have been in rampant form having won all four of their matches played so far.
- The manner of their victories has been highly impressive as they have won two games by nine wickets and the other two by 39 and 80-run margins as they continue to dominate against everybody in the tournament.
- While last year’s Super Smash star batsman Devon Conway and the return of Tom Blundell have stole the headlines, it is Finn Allen who has been their key man hitting three half centuries in four matches and they will look for that form to continue.
Wellington Firebirds are currently looking unbeatable right now as they have dominated all four matches they have played so far. They look more than capable of defending their title right now as they have so many of their players in good form which is giving them so many ways to win matches. The bowling unit is in outstanding form and while they may not be scoring as many runs as other teams, they are incredibly consistent in posting strong competitive totals. They make the trip to face Otago Volts and the home side will be hoping to upset the leaders. They will have to notably improve their performance levels however if they are to become the first team this season to beat the Firebirds and it is the Wellington side that have to be favoured to make it five wins from five here.