2020-21 Super Smash – Northern Knights vs Canterbury Kings Preview & Prediction
When is Northern Knights vs Canterbury Kings taking place? Thursday 21st January, 2021 – 06:10 (UK)
Where is Northern Knights vs Canterbury Kings taking place? Seddon Park, Hamilton
Where can I get tickets for Northern Knights vs Canterbury Kings? Ticket information for the Dream11 Super Smash can be found here
What channel is Northern Knights vs Canterbury Kings on? This match will be televised live on BT Sport
Where can I stream Northern Knights vs Canterbury Kings? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
- Northern Knights salvaged some pride last time out after beating the Auckland Aces in a rain-reduced game but they cannot mathematically make the knockout phase now so they will play for pride and nothing more in their remaining three games.
- They have been handed a major boost by the availability of New Zealand star skipper Kane Williamson being named in the squad to play his first Super Smash game since 2014 and he will be fired up to make a mark here.
- After looking light on quality and star power earlier in the tournament, they now possess the likes of Devcich, Seifert, Williamson, Southeee, De Grandhomme, Santner and Kuggeleijn and arguably boast the most talent on any roster.
- Canterbury Kings continued their excellent form last time out by beating the previously unbeaten Wellington Firebirds by four wickets and they have now won five of their opening six games to all but assure themselves of a knockout phase spot.
- Unlike so many of the other teams in the competition, they have only really benefitted from one international coming into their ranks with all-rounder Daryl Mitchell coming into the side and he has been in superb form.
- The key to their success so far in this campaign has been their solid all-round performances with contributions from so many of their players without any being particularly outstanding, but they will need to step up another level here.
Despite the Canterbury Kings sitting in the knockout places and above the Northern Knights who cannot make the play-offs now, it is the Knights who come into this as favourites having so many internationals back in their squad. The strength of the team is impressive especially with Kane Williamson coming into the side with the only fear over them being motivation. With nothing to play for, they may not be playing at full intensity but the inclusion of Williamson will likely fire them up and they can enjoy their cricket. With the Kings virtually assured of a play-off spot themselves, they too may ease off the gas, and ultimately, it is hard to look past the sheer quality in the Knights’ line-up here.