2020-21 Bangabandhu T20 Cup – Gemcon Khulna vs Minister Group Rajshahi Preview & Prediction
When is Gemcon Khulna vs Minister Group Rajshahi taking place? Thursday 26th November, 2020 – 07:30 (UK)
Where is Gemcon Khulna vs Minister Group Rajshahi taking place? Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur
Where can I get tickets for Gemcon Khulna vs Minister Group Rajshahi? No tickets are available as this tournament is taking place without spectators
What channel is Gemcon Khulna vs Minister Group Rajshahi on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Gemcon Khulna vs Minister Group Rajshahi? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
- Gemcon Khulna pulled off a remarkable victory in their opening game as Ariful Haque smashed four sixes in the final over off Mehidy Hasan Miraz to help his side to an improbable four-wicket victory against Fortune Barisal.
- That came after they had done well to restrict their opponents to 152/9 in their 20 overs thanks to Shahidul Islam’s 4/17 but they struggled with their batting themselves as they slipped to 36/4 as key men Imrul Kayes, Mahmudullah and Shakib Al Hasan all struggled to contribute.
- The likelihood is that they will go unchanged after the win and especially given that their underperformers are arguably their star men, the starting eleven should be retained for this clash with Rajshahi.
MINISTER GROUP RAJSHAHI
- Minister Group Rajshahi pulled off an unlikely victory in their opening game against Beximco Dhaka as Mehedi Hasan managed to defend eight runs in the final over to help his side to a two-run win in the tournament opener.
- It was a man-of-the-match display from Mehedi Hasan who had rescued his side from 65/5 after 9.4 overs with 50 from 32 balls which guided them to a competitive 169/9 before his heroics with the ball led them to the win.
- Changes for Rajshahi are unlikely also but they too will be demanding a much-improved display from their batting line-up with Rony Talukdar, Mohammad Ashraful and Fazle Mahmud combining for just 11 runs in positions three to five.
Both of these teams managed to pull off unlikely victories in their opening games despite being favourites to win but they have plenty of improvement to make here. Much will depend on which teams can step up and show some improvement with Khulna surely expected to have more scope for that here. Their star trio of Imrul Kayes, Mahmudullah and Shakib Al Hasan were largely poor and they will be desperate to raise their game and contribute more here. Rajshahi have the edge in bowling but Khulna’s batting certainly has a stronger look about it and they are marginally favoured t outscore their Rajshahi opponents here.