Where is Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyrone Spong taking place? Wintrust Arena, Chicago, Illinois
When is Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyrone Spong Derevyanchenko and what time does it start? Sunday 13th October, 2019 – 04:00 approx (UK)
What TV channel is Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyrone Spong? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyrone Spong? The fight will be available to stream via the DAZN website and app.
Are tickets still available for Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyrone Spong?
- Usyk makes his highly anticipated heavyweight debut after carving through the cruiserweight division, becoming the first fighter to hold all four major world championships at cruiserweight. He was originally scheduled to fight Carlos Takam but Usyk had to pull out with a bicep injury. Takam then pulled out of the rescheduled fight which has led to this match-up with Tyrone Spong.
- Usyk’s last fight was an emphatic victory over Tony Bellew who decided to retire after that fight. Usyk snapped Bellew’s 10-fight winning streak with a ruthless straight left to send ‘The Bomber’ to sleep.
- After fighting at least twice a year since making his professional debut, Usyk has not appeared since that fight with Bellew back in November 2018. The winner of this fight is also likely to earn a shot at the winner of the Andy Ruiz Jr. vs Anthony Joshua rematch.
- Tyrone Spong is a kickboxing legend, fighting 100 times with an incredible record of 91-7-1 (1). He transitioned to boxing in 2015, continuing his combat success by accumulating a perfect record of 14-0.
- Spong has been very active, fighting seven times in the last three years, and is coming off an efficient beating of Jeyson Minda by finishing the Colombian in the second round.
- Spong has not boxed anyone near the level of Usyk yet but he has a wealth of experience in the ring and has only been finished four times in his combined 116 combat fights. He has ferocious power and like Usyk he is also used to fighting in lighter weight classes, so he will be able to match his speed.
Spong's credentials speak for themselves and he has seen it all in the kickboxing ring but he has not boxed with a talent like Usyk yet. Spong should not be underestimated and will go on to have a successful career at heavyweight but this is not a good match-up for him. He has immense power, especially in his right hand, but Usyk has the technique and movement to avoid serious damage and inflict his own. Spong has the nous and durability to last 12 rounds but he is likely to need a knockout to win.
Prediction: Usyk via Decision