Where is Mikey Garcia vs Jessie Vargas taking place? Ford Center at The Star, Frisco, Texas
When is Mikey Garcia vs Jessie Vargas and what time does it start? Saturday 1st March, 2020 – 04:00 approx (UK)
What TV channel is Mikey Garcia vs Jessie Vargas on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Mikey Garcia vs Jessie Vargas? Viewers in the UK can stream the fight via NOW TV and for viewers in the United States, the fight will be available to stream via DAZN site website and app.
Where can I get tickets for Mikey Garcia vs Jessie Vargas?
- Garcia is coming off his sole loss breaking his 39-fight winning streak where he jumped up two weight classes and lost a decision to a dominant performance by Errol Spence Jr.
- Garcia is a former WBO and The Ring featherweight champion, WBO junior lightweight champion, WBC lightweight champion, and IBF junior welterweight, lightweight and welterweight champion.
- Vargas has fought in multiple weight classes with welterweight being the heaviest. His fight against Spence Jr. was his debut in the division and he wants to make up for his performance with a potential title shot looming should he win.
- After two draws in 2018 against Adrien Broner and Thomas Dulorme, Vargas bounced back in his last fight taking on Humberto Soto and finishing him via TKO in the sixth round which was at a catchweight of 150 lbs.
- Vargas is the former WBA and IBO super lightweight champion winning the titles with a unanimous decision over Khabib Allakhverdiev. He defended these titles twice and then went on to win the WBO welterweight title against Sadam Ali but lost it to Manny Pacquiao in his next fight.
- Vargas is the bigger man dropping down in weight and will boast a three-inch reach advantage which will be intensified by his five-inch height advantage.
Vargas will have to make his size and reach advantage count andwill have to cut a lot of weight which should fall into Garcia's hands. Garcia will bring a fierce pace for 12 rounds and although he is coming off a lacklustre performance, 12 rounds with Spence Jr. will have made him an even better fighter. This is expected to start tight, sharing the early rounds, but Garcia should get stronger as the fight goes on to clinch a decision and set up another title fight.
Winner: Garcia via Decision