Where is Michael Zerafa vs Jeff Horn taking place? Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Queensland, Australia
When is Michael Zerafa vs Jeff Horn and what time does it start? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – 11:00 approx (UK)
What TV channel is Michael Zerafa vs Jeff Horn on? Foxtel $59.95 (AU)
Where can I stream Michael Zerafa vs Jeff Horn? Viewers in Australia can stream the fight via the Main Event website
Where can I get tickets for Michael Zerafa vs Jeff Horn?
- This is a rematch of the clash back in August in which Zerafa finished Horn in the ninth round to win the WBA Oceania middleweight title that is on the line again here.
- Zerafa has a three and a half inch reach advantage over Horn, which he used well in the first fight, and has the confidence of a convincing finish.
- Zerafa’s third career loss was to Kell Brook via unanimous decision a year ago but this is his only loss in his last 11 fights and he has notched two knockouts to his record since, including that finish over Horn.
- After losing his WBO middleweight title to Terence Crawford, Horn won the WBA and WBO Oceania titles but lost the WBA title to Zerafa in his second career loss.
- Horn is extremely dangerous at close range with a very awkward style, tying his opponents up pressing forward with his head. These can be viewed as dirty tactics, but it is a great way to negate a reach advantage and prevent counters.
- Horn shot to stardom after beating the legend Manny Pacquiao back in 2017. He won via unanimous decision to win the WBO welterweight title, but it was a controversial decision as the referee was lenient towards Horn’s tactics and all the stats suggest Pacquiao out-landed Horn.
Horn was admittedly under par in their first clash, but you cannot take take anything away from Zerafa who put on a clinic following in Crawford's footsteps in dismantling the awkward style of Horn. Zerafa caught Horn as he tried to duck a punch in the second round which rocked him, causing a cut over his left eye. This set the tone for the fight and Horn did well to hang in there but the referee should have stopped the fight sooner than he did. Horn will do his best not to make any mistakes again but that may not be enough to take down the rangier Zerafa.
Winner: Zerafa via Decision