Where is Gennady Golovkin vs Kamil Szeremeta taking place? The Forum, Inglewood, CA, USA
When is Gennady Golovkin vs Kamil Szeremeta and what time does it start? Sunday 7th June, 2020 – 02:00 approx (UK)
What TV channel is Gennady Golovkin vs Kamil Szeremeta on? TBC
Where can I stream Gennady Golovkin vs Kamil Szeremeta? For viewers in the United States, the fight will be available to stream via DAZN site website and app.
Where can I get tickets for Gennady Golovkin vs Kamil Szeremeta? TBC
- Golovkin's (GGG) rematch with Canelo Alvarez resulted in his first loss in 2018 but he fought twice last year, knocking out Steve Rolls and earning a unanimous decision in a hard-fought fight with Sergiy Derevyanchenko.
- GGG is the former WBA, IBO, WBC, IBF and The Ring middleweight champion and regained the vacant IBF and IBO titles in his last fight against Derevyanchenko.
- GGG’s mandatory defence of his IBF belt against Szeremeta has been pushed back numerous times due to a calf injury and he is likely to be looking past Szeremeta at a potential rubber match with Canelo Alvarez around September.
- Szeremeta extended his unbeaten record in his last fight and picked up the fifth knockout of his career by finishing Oscar Cortes in the second round.
- Szeremeta became the mandatory IBF challenger with the win over Cortes and it was on the undercard of Golovkin's fight with Derevyanchenko back in October last year.
- Szeremeta is a European champion but this is by far the biggest fight of his career, fighting for a world championship for the first time against one of the greats of the sport.
It would be a monumental upset if Szeremeta finds a knockout. That said, he has the technique to make the champion work hard for the win and after his scare and hard-fought battle with Derevyanchenko along with ambitions of getting that third fight with Canelo Alvarez or another big-name title fight, Golovkin will go all out for a vintage finish.
Winner: Golovkin via KO/TKO